ACMIT Gmbh Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 2005
- Staff: 41
- Focus: Applied research, Basic research, Development
- Research area: Medical engineering
- Cluster Membership: ecoplus
- Profile: ACMIT is an R&D center building a bridge between science and industry at the highest international level. We are collaborating with renowned researchers, scientific and industrial partners worldwide. Our R&D services aim at the design of prototypes that are clinically tested and ready for commercialization. We develop instruments, sensors, microoptics, medical robots and training systems for minimally invasive interventions contributing to reduced trauma, improved efficiency and increased safety
- R&D: Our research is focused on (1) Robotics and Instruments, Information driven therapy systems; (2) Photonic sensor development, Applied optics; (3) Human-centered design and workflow engineering, Tools and methods for technology implementation; (4) Novel methods for therapy planning and guidance, Intra-operative therapy adaptation
- Production: - Low volume production of medical robots according ISO13485, including purchasing, supplier management, type approval and service. - Customer-specific Virtopsy (Virtual autopsy) - Solution, including planning, purchasing, production, safety-concept, system control, operator training and service. - Low volume production of prototypes, including clean room conditions.
- Services: ACMIT offers R&D services along the complete chain of actions regarding both the medical/surgical procedure performed by the clinical team, as well as the development process as such. ACMIT offers expertise, guidance and assistance in every single step: Technology evaluation, state-of-the-art analysis, feasibility studies, R&D services accord. ISO13485, clinical evaluation, low-volume production of medical products.
- Sales/Distribution: - R&D services, - Medical robots to original brand manufacturers (OBM) only, - Intellectual property rights.