- RDM* medical devices
- Founded in: 2008
- Staff: 14
- Focus: Single-use devices, Electromechanical medical devices, Software for medicine, telemedicine and e-health
- Cluster Membership: Life Sciences Tirol
- Profile: AFreeze is a medical device company with a cryo-catheter system to treat atrial fibrillation. Cryotechnology offers a simple-to-use and fast tool. Procedure times are reduced and improved treatment outcomes are achieved even with less experienced operators.
- R&D: AFreeze has developed a complete cryoablation system to treat cardiac arrhythmias. Research is focused on continuous improvements of the underlying croytechnology and extension into new indications.
- Production: The CoolLoop® cryoablation system consists of a console, a catheter and a sheath. All parts have been designed and extensively tested at AFreeze. The console (a class IIb device) is manufactured at the AFreeze premises in Innsbruck by a team of highly experienced engineers. Medical software development, validation and implementation is also done in-house.
- Sales/Distribution: In the initial marketing phase, AFreeze focuses on selected European centers for ablation of atrial fibrillation. A broader sales and distribution partnership will be sought after the device has been successfully positioned among leading customers.