AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 1956
- Staff: 0
- Techniques: Proteins and other molecules
- Focus: Applied research
- Research area: Agricultural biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biological sciences, Environmental biotechnology, Medical and health sciences, Medical engineering
- Cluster Membership: Human.technology Styria, LISAvienna, Life Sciences Tirol, MedTech-Cluster
- R&D: The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria's largest non-university research institute, is among the European research institutes a specialist in the key infrastructure issues of the future. AIT provides research and technological development to realize basic innovations for the next generation of infrastructure related technologies in the fields of health & environment, energy, mobility and safety & security.
- Services: AIT is a strong partner for innovation in the health sector. AIT is focusing on the latest technology and innovative approaches to assist older people in their everyday lives and to support clinicians in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of chronic diseases. Our Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) technologies enable comfort and safety at home for elderly people. Furthermore, AIT experts develop telemonitoring solutions for a patient centered, flexible and efficient treatment process (e-health).