AT & S Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik Aktiengesellschaft
- Founded in: 1987
- Staff: 0
- Topic: Electronic equipment, Measurement and sensor technology, Micro- and nanotechnology
- Cluster Membership: Human.technology Styria, MedTech-Cluster
- R&D: AT&S’s increased focus on research and development has also led to more than 62 patents applied. The aim is to produce smaller volumes and more complex boards in a simpler and more efficient way. AT&S has 4 key development areas: Interconnect density, Mechanical integration, Functionality integration, Printed solutions.
- Production: The AT&S Group currently has 6 production plants specialising in different technologies: Leoben, Fehring and Klagenfurt in Austria, Ansan in Korea, Nanjangud in India and Shanghai in China. The Group is currently building a 7th facility in Chongqing in China. AT&S employs around 7,300 people worldwide. Each of the plants concentrates on a specific portfolio of technologies. The Austrian plants are geared to the European market. Short production times, special applications and a greater emphasis on suppliers’ closeness to customers are typical for Europe. The plants in Austria, India and Korea concentrate on small and medium-sized batches for industrial and automotive customers, while in China the focus is on large volumes for mobile communications customers.
- Services: AT&S is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-end printed circuit boards for smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, etc. Today, AT&S supplies eight of the ten big-name manufactuerers of smartphones. In the Automotive sector AT&S is focusing on the current key schemes of safety, information, environment and infotainment. Virtually all of the major tier one European automotive component suppliers are AT&S customer. The Industrial electronic business is characterized by multitude of customers with widely diversified technological requirements. In the Medical & Healthcare Segment size and weight reduction have the highest priority, especially in devices such as pacemakers. In this field our comprehensive experience from the Mobile Devices business is adding value to our customers. ECP® (embedded component packaging) is AT&S’s patent protected technology for integrated active semiconductor and passive component packaging offering miniaturization and reliability benefits.
- Sales/Distribution: HDI microvia PCBs, Anylayer PCBs, Flexible PCBs, Rigid-Flex PCBs, Multilayer PCBs, Double-sided plated-through PCBs, Single-sided PCBs, INSULATED METALLIC SUBSTRATE (IMS), Embedded Component Packaging (ECP®), NuCleus®, 2.5D® technology