Austrian Research Institut for Chemistry and Technology (OFI)
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 1946
- Staff: 30
- Focus: Applied research, Development
- Research area: Medical and health sciences, Medical engineering
- Cluster Membership: LISAvienna
- Profile: OFI is one of the largest Austrian non-university service enterprises for application-oriented research and development. Since 1946, OFI has been working in partnership with business and organizations across Europe, offering innovation through R&D, analysis and testing, quality assurance and certification. OFI tests and certifies the reliability of your materials – it helps customers to develop new ideas fit for the market, and consolidates their products
- R&D: In close collaboration with companies, our applied research deals with the development of new or improved products, methods and services. Important areas of our work are material development (e.g. biofilm resistant surfaces, biocide a/o, biocompatibility, filter materials), testing of medical devices and drug products (e.g. E&L-studies), analytical development and support within preclinical studies, as well as packaging materials and their interaction with food a/o pharmaceutical products.
- Services: As an accredited testing, inspection and certification body according to ISO 17025/17020/17065, OFI is your competent partner for product development and quality testing. Our applied R&D will make your ideas fit for the market – innovation ensures competitiveness. Starting in the planning phase our technical consulting supports you throughout the whole implementation process. You will not only benefit from our experience but also from the substantial knowledge and engagement of our employees.
- Sales/Distribution: Application-oriented R&D as well as testing, assessment, inspection and certification represent the most important customer-oriented services. Specialist training and events round out the ofi program. ofi is a testing and inspection body accredited to EN ISO/IEC 17025 / 17020, a product certification body accredited to EN 45011, as well as a notified body pursuant to section 18 of the Construction Products Directive. GMP-and non-GMP