B. Braun Austria GmbH
- RDM* medical devices
- Founded in: 1960
- Staff: 140
- Focus: Anaesthetic and respiratory devices, Dental devices, Single-use devices, Hospital hardware, In vitro diagnostic devices, Non-active implantable devices, Reusable devices, Biological-derived devices, Software for medicine, telemedicine and e-health
- Profile: B. Braun supplies the global healthcare market with products for anesthesia, intensive medicine, cardiology, extra corporeal blood treatment and surgery, as well as services for hospitals, general practitioners and the homecare sector. By networking our divisions´ knowledge and developing solutions for the healthcare system, we transform products and services into integrated systems.
- R&D: Through dialogue with those who are using B. Braun’s products, the company is continually gaining new knowledge which it incorporates into product development. In this way, the company contributes with innovative products and services towards optimizing working procedures in hospitals and medical practices all over the world and improving safety – for patients, doctors and nursing staff.
- Production: We create user-friendly products by combining the new with the tried-and-tested. Two factors are of outright importance here: safety and quality. We place the strictest demands on the reliability of our products and services. Quality assurance is therefore a firm component of our activities in all areas. Every product runs through a multitude of tests before it is ready for the market. In this way we are able to offer a constant high level of quality – and that worldwide on all markets.
- Services: In dialogue with the people who use the company’s products, B. Braun is continually gaining new knowledge and incorporating it into product development as well as supportive services. In this way, the company offers value-added services to optimize working procedures, to find customized solutions and to support educational training for hospitals, medical practices and also industry partners. This includes a forum for highquality medical training, the Aesculap Academy.
- Sales/Distribution: The Hospital Care Division supplies hospitals with injection and infusion solutions and therapy devices, as well as medical disposable products. Products and services for all core surgical procedures are the focal point of the Aesculap Division. The OPM Division provides products and services for medical care needs outside of the hospital and for chronically ill patients. The B. Braun Avitum Division combines the supply of products and medical services for extracorporeal blood treatment.