BIOCRATES Life Sciences AG
- RDM* biotech/pharma
- Founded in: 2002
- Staff: 40
- Techniques: Bioinformatics, Cell and tissue culture, Proteins and other molecules
- Indications: Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
- Topic: Human health
- Cluster Membership: Life Sciences Tirol
- R&D: Metabolomics research and biomarker discovery
- Production: We are focused on the development of metabolomics products as well as in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) for early disease detection and progression in areas such as nephrology, diabetes, oncology and endocrinology. Our mass spectrometry-based, standardized metabolomic kits and IVDs provide unprecedented accuracy, precision and multiplexing potential. Our core technology is triple quadrupole mass spectrometry, which permits identification and quantification of a wide range of relevant biological molecule classes in a variety of samples, ranging from blood and serum to cells and tissues.
- Services: Through our services we make our know-how also availble for partners in the pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences industries: We help to identify relevant metabolic biomarkers, enhance the understanding of biochemical pathways and provide important information of the metabolic state of a cell, tissue or living organism.
- Sales/Distribution: - AbsoluteIDQ® p150 & p180 Kits: The kits are standardized research assays to identify and quantify up to 188 metabolites from up to five different metabolite classes. Metabolites can be measured in just a few minutes per sample, requiring very small sample volumes. - AbsoluteIDQ® Stero17 Kit: Simultaneous identification and quantification of 17 steroid hormones. - SteroIDQ® Kit -Steroid IVD. Biocrates Bile Acids Kit: Mass psectrometry based analysis of bile acids from blood