CTR Carinthian Tech Research AG
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 1997
- Staff: 80
- Focus: Applied research
- Research area: Medical engineering
- Profile: CTR is an industry-oriented R&D centre and one of Austrians leading research institutes in the field of smart sensors and systems integration. CTR delivers in depth expertise - from feasibility studies, prototyping, simulation and testing to finished system and product solutions. CTR experts operate in an international R&D network, forge R&D links and provide funding information.
- R&D: CTR is specialized on smart sensors and systems integration technologies. R&D focus: # microsystem technologies (miniaturised systems, acoustic and magnetic MEMS, cleanroom facilities, printed electronics), # heterogeneous integration technologies (simulations and design methods, 3D prototyping, wireless sensing), # photonic systems (laser analysis, MOEMS, molecular imaging), # smart systems (application oriented integration related to medical implants, devices, sensors)
- Services: R&D services along the development chain including technology research, feasibilty studies, simulation, finished products and system solutions. CTR also supports customers by advising them on the funding available and draws on a broad network to help them find the right partner for the relevant project. Our common goal here is to put high-tech sensor developments into practice profitably in the long term.