- RDM* biotech/pharma
- Founded in: 2014
- Staff: 2
- Techniques: Gene and RNA vectors
- Topic: Industrial processing
- Profile: roombiotic develops methods based on volatile antimicrobial substances to control microorganisms in the food industry and selected areas of application in the life sciences industry.
- R&D: The research focus of roombiotic is the identification of volatile organic substances produced by beneficial plant associated microorganisms. These molecules demonstrate a high and broad spectrum antimicrobial activity at very low concentrations.
- Services: A detailed analysis and comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing and packaging process used is a prerequisite for integrating the biotechnological methods into a plant. The effective application of volatile antimicrobials include the use of monitoring the resident microbiome by next-generation technologies including Real time PCR and DNA sequencing.
- Sales/Distribution: roombiotic offers antimicrobial formulations including its technological implementation. The methods developed by roombiotic are primarily designed for bakery products in large quantities, at a high frequency and in great variety. Potential growth areas are the meat-processing and dairy industries and all types of food packaging businesses. Moreover, there are a number of options for their use in the non-food sector.