UMIT – Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology
- Research and education institutions
- Founded in: 2002
- Staff: 200
- Focus: Applied research, Basic research, Development
- Research area: Bioinformatics, Medical and health sciences, Medical engineering
- Cluster Membership: Life Sciences Tirol
- Profile: As a modern health university, UMIT in Hall in Tirol has specialized in new vocational fields and research areas and thus in the prevailing challenges in the health care system. With its focus areas of mechatronics, biomedical informatics / health informatics / technology, business management in the health system, psychology, public health, health sciences, health technology assessment, nutritional sciences and nursing science, complemented by the university training courses, UMIT offers academic education and advanced training of high quality in the fields that have turned out to be of increasing importance in the modern health care system.
- R&D: UMIT conducts research and teaching at the highest quality level in all its subject areas. UMIT promotes the transfer and implementation of research and development results for the benefit of society. UMIT fosters the personality development of its students. We make a significant contribution to the further development of our students and our associates from industry, economy and society through research, teaching and knowledge transfer activities. UMIT considerably contributes to the regional development of Tirol and attaches importance to the internationalisation of research and teaching.
- Services: UMIT is dedicated to scientific research and teaching and hereby wants to contribute to the development of society, the scientific and technological competence and the provision of healthcare in the broadest sense. UMIT aims at the individual's education through science by joint action of lecturers and students and by international networking. UMIT strives for high quality in research and teaching and regards high academic principles as obligatory. UMIT supports the establishment and development of long-term cooperation with national and international universities, academies and research institutions. UMIT is constantly optimizing its on-going activities: highest quality in research and teaching is our highest ambition.